- The definition of an exhibition is a large public showing or display of art, products or athletic skills.
- An example of an exhibition is an artist showing his work for two nights at a gallery.
- An example of an exhibition is a group of gymnasts showing their skills to the public.
An art exhibition.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the act or fact of exhibiting
- the thing or things exhibited
- a public show or display, as of art, industrial products, athletic feats, etc.
- Brit. a sum of money awarded by a school or university to help support a student
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French exhibicion ; from Late Latin exhibitio ; from past participle of Classical Latin exhibere: see exhibit
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or an instance of exhibiting.
- Something exhibited; an exhibit.
- A large-scale public showing, as of art objects or industrial or agricultural products.
- Chiefly British A grant given to a scholar by a school or university.