- The definition of a showcase is a display or a case for displaying.
- An example of a showcase is a runway show of the latest fall fashions.
- An example of a showcase is a glass case that holds jewelry for sale.
- To showcase is defined as to clearly display.
An example of to showcase is to put on an art show of the works of the best students.
showcase definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a glass-enclosed case for protecting things on display, as in a store or exhibition
- anything displaying someone or something to good advantage: the revue was a showcase for new talent
showcase definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A display case or cabinet, as in a store or museum.
- A setting in which someone or something may be displayed, especially to advantage.
To display prominently, especially to advantage.