- Disappointment is defined as a feeling of sadness, dissatisfaction or displeasure when something isn't as you planned.
- When you plan your dream house and your builder makes many mistakes and it turns out terribly, this is an example of a time when you feel disappointment.
- The house that turned out terribly is an example of a disappointment.
- a disappointing or being disappointed
- a person or thing that disappoints
- a. The act of disappointing.b. The condition or feeling of being disappointed.
- One that disappoints.
- (uncountable) The emotion felt when a strongly held expectation is not met.
- (countable) A circumstance in which a strongly held expectation is not met.