- Disappointment is defined as a feeling of sadness, dissatisfaction or displeasure when something isn't as you planned.
- When you plan your dream house and your builder makes many mistakes and it turns out terribly, this is an example of a time when you feel disappointment.
- The house that turned out terribly is an example of a disappointment.
- a disappointing or being disappointed
- a person or thing that disappoints
- a. The act of disappointing.b. The condition or feeling of being disappointed.
- One that disappoints.
- (uncountable) The emotion felt when a strongly held expectation is not met.
- Choking back his disappointment after his own team's splendid wins against Liverpool and Aston Villa, he said: "I've got to be humble and say we were beaten by a very good side." — Today, News Group Newspapers Ltd, 1992
- (countable) A circumstance in which a strongly held expectation is not met.
- As the disappointments crowded in — the economy, Rhodesia, strife within the trade-union movement — Wilson tried the expedient of a semi-formal inner Cabinet, or Parliamentary Committee, as he misleadingly liked to call it. — Cabinet, Hennessy, Peter, Basil Blackwell Ltd, 1990