- Disappointment is defined as a feeling of sadness, dissatisfaction or displeasure when something isn't as you planned.
- When you plan your dream house and your builder makes many mistakes and it turns out terribly, this is an example of a time when you feel disappointment.
- The house that turned out terribly is an example of a disappointment.
disappointment definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a disappointing or being disappointed
- a person or thing that disappoints
disappointment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of disappointing.b. The condition or feeling of being disappointed.
- One that disappoints.
A cape of southwest Washington on the northern side of the mouth of the Columbia River. It was named in 1788 by a British sea captain who was searching for the fabled River of the West and was disappointed when he did not discover a wide river mouth.