- the condition of being dissatisfied or displeased; discontent
- anything that dissatisfies
Dissatisfaction is defined as the state of being unhappy, or the thing causing the unhappiness.
An example of dissatisfaction is feeling that a hotel did not meet the level of service expected.
- The condition or feeling of being displeased or unsatisfied; discontent.
- A cause of discontent.
(countable and uncountable, plural dissatisfactions)
dis- + satisfaction
- In the Emperor's suite all exchanged rapid looks that expressed dissatisfaction and reproach.
- The causes were twofold: firstly, there was great dissatisfaction with the troubles.
- Like the rest of his family, he belonged to the Federalist party, and his appointment in 1889 as governor of Bohemia was the cause of grave dissatisfaction to the German Austrians.
- This naturally caused great dissatisfaction, and more than once resulted in irreparable disaster.
- Growing interest in politics produced dissatisfaction with the compromise of 1831, and the Liberal opposition grew in numbers and influence.