- the fact or feeling of being displeased; dissatisfaction, disapproval, annoyance, etc.
- Archaic discomfort, sorrow, trouble, etc.
Origin of displeasureMiddle English displesir ; from Old French desplaisir, infinitive used as noun : see displease
- The condition or fact of being displeased; dissatisfaction.
- Discomfort, uneasiness, or pain.
- Archaic An injurious offense.
Origin of displeasureMiddle English displesure, from Old French desplaisir : des-, dis- + plaisir, pleasure; see pleasure.
(usually uncountable, plural displeasures)
From Old French desplaisir