- The definition of frustration is the state of being annoyed or a source of annoyance.
An example of a frustration is a science fair project that keeps falling apart.
- a frustrating or being frustrated
- something that frustrates
Origin of frustrationMiddle English frustracioun ; from Classical Latin frustratio
- a. The act of preventing the accomplishment or fulfillment of something: the defense's frustration of their opponent's attempts to score.b. The feeling or state of being frustrated: I couldn't get a real person to talk to and slammed down the phone in frustration.
- Something that causes such a feeling or state: a job with many frustrations.
From Latin frustratio (“disappointment”), related to frustrā (“in vain”).
frustration - Legal Definition