- The definition of frustration is the state of being annoyed or a source of annoyance.
An example of a frustration is a science fair project that keeps falling apart.
frustration definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a frustrating or being frustrated
- something that frustrates
Origin: Middle English frustracioun ; from Classical Latin frustratio
frustration definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act of frustrating or an instance of being frustrated.b. The state of being frustrated.
- Something that serves to frustrate.
frustration - Legal Definition
Webster's New World Law Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Contract law: an inability to carry out a contract or perform a term of the contract due to supervening circumstances beyond the parties’ control, such as an event of force majeure.
frustration - Medical Definition
- The condition that results when an impulse or an action is thwarted by an external or an internal force.
- The blocking or thwarting of an impulse, purpose, or action.