- the condition of being dissatisfied or displeased; discontent
- anything that dissatisfies
Dissatisfaction is defined as the state of being unhappy, or the thing causing the unhappiness.
An example of dissatisfaction is feeling that a hotel did not meet the level of service expected.
- The condition or feeling of being displeased or unsatisfied; discontent.
- A cause of discontent.
(countable and uncountable, plural dissatisfactions)
dis- + satisfaction
- In the Emperor's suite all exchanged rapid looks that expressed dissatisfaction and reproach.
- Like the rest of his family, he belonged to the Federalist party, and his appointment in 1889 as governor of Bohemia was the cause of grave dissatisfaction to the German Austrians.
- This naturally caused great dissatisfaction, and more than once resulted in irreparable disaster.
- The causes were twofold: firstly, there was great dissatisfaction with the troubles.
- The distress among all classes continued to be appalling; and in March the attempt of the Directory to replace theassignats by a new issue of mandats created fresh dissatisfaction after the breakdown of the hopes first raised.