- the condition of being dissatisfied or displeased; discontent
- anything that dissatisfies
Dissatisfaction is defined as the state of being unhappy, or the thing causing the unhappiness.
An example of dissatisfaction is feeling that a hotel did not meet the level of service expected.
- The condition or feeling of being displeased or unsatisfied; discontent.
- A cause of discontent.
(countable and uncountable, plural dissatisfactions)
dis- + satisfaction
- In the Emperor's suite all exchanged rapid looks that expressed dissatisfaction and reproach.
- The distress among all classes continued to be appalling; and in March the attempt of the Directory to replace theassignats by a new issue of mandats created fresh dissatisfaction after the breakdown of the hopes first raised.
- This naturally caused great dissatisfaction, and more than once resulted in irreparable disaster.
- The causes were twofold: firstly, there was great dissatisfaction with the troubles.
- Jacqueline represents the retirement as the final result of a long course of dissatisfaction with mundane life.