- Anything that brings gratification, pleasure, or contentment.
- Settlement of debt; discharge of obligation.
- Reparation for injury or insult.
- (theol.) Atonement for sin.
"This life is not for complaint, but for satisfaction." - Henry David Thoreau.
You must prove your case to the satisfaction of the court.
An example of satisfaction is feeling content after you get a good job and get married.
An example of satisfaction is when you repay your credit card bill in full.
- to satisfy
- to accept a challenge to duel