The brides faces reflects her happiness on her wedding day.
The definition of happiness is the state of joy, peace and tranquility.
An example of happiness is a bride's feeling of joy on her wedding day.
ataraxia a state of tranquility free from anxiety and emotional disturbance. —ataractic, ataraxic, adj. athedonia an inability to be happy. —athedonic, adj. cheromania an extreme love for gaiety. cherophobia an abnormal fear of gaiety. eudemonics, eudaemonics 1. an art or means of acquiring happiness; eudemonism. 2. the theory of happiness. —eudemonia, n. —eudemonic, eudemonical, adj. eudemonism, eudaemonism Ethics. a moral system based upon the performance of right actions to achieve happiness. —eudemonist, eudaemonist, n. euphoria 1. a state of happiness and well-being. 2. Psychiatry. an exaggerated state of happiness, with no foundation in truth or reality. —euphoric, adj. jocundity the quality or condition of being merry or cheerful. —jocund, adj. jovialist Obsolete, a person who leads a merry life. joviality 1. the quality or state of being merry or jovial. 2. festivity. jucundity Obsolete. the condition or act of being pleasant. macarism the practice of making others happy through praise and felicitation. —macarize, v.
Happiness is generic, and is applied to almost every kind of enjoyment.
From happy +"Ž -ness.
- Is being in control so important that you're willing to sacrifice the happiness of your only son?
- I wish you all the happiness you so deserve.
- Bubbling with happiness, she hummed as she strode through the corridors in search of Romas.
- Kris's memories stirred stronger than he liked. He remembered Lilith, a beautiful Immortal whose laugh had filled him with happiness. Their love had been intense and brief, lasting less than a human year in total. One day, she was just … gone.
- But when my teacher presented me with a canary, my cup of happiness overflowed.