- The definition of contentment is the state of being satisfied or the source of satisfaction.
An example of contentment is being completely happy.
- the state, quality, or fact of being contented
- Archaic a satisfying or being satisfied
Origin of contentmentMiddle English contentement ; from Old French
- The state of being contented; satisfaction.
- A source of satisfaction: the contentments of a comfortable retirement.
(usually uncountable, plural contentments)
Middle French contentement; as content + -ment.