- The definition of contentment is the state of being satisfied or the source of satisfaction.
An example of contentment is being completely happy.
contentment definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state, quality, or fact of being contented
- Archaic a satisfying or being satisfied
Origin: Middle English contentement ; from Old French
contentment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state of being contented; satisfaction.
- A source of satisfaction: the contentments of a comfortable retirement.