- The definition of faux-naïf is a fake showing of naive qualities.
- An example of a faux-naïf person is a gothic Lolita, a girl in Tokyo who dresses like a child despite being a teenager.
- An artist who paints from the perspective of a child is an example of a style that can be described as faux-naïf.
- A faux-naïf is defined as a person or a style that seems to be childlike or naive.
- An example of a faux-naïf is a teenager who wears footed pajamas and pigtails.
- An example of a faux-naïf is work of art made by an adult that has the look of a child's drawing.
faux-naïf definition by Webster's New World
- artificially or affectedly naive
- of a literary or artistic style that pretends to be simple, childlike, or unsophisticated
a faux-naïf person, style, etc.