- a cosmetic surgery operation for removing wrinkles, sagging flesh, etc. from the face
- a renovation or redesign of the exterior of something, as a building
Also written face lift
to renovate or redesign the exterior of
- Plastic surgery to remove facial wrinkles, sagging skin, fat deposits, or other visible signs of aging for cosmetic purposes. Also called rhytidectomy.
- A restyling or modernization, as of a building.
transitive verbface-lift·ed, face-lift·ing, face-lifts also face·lift·ed or face·lift·ing or face·lifts
To perform a face-lift upon.
(third-person singular simple present facelifts, present participle facelifting, simple past and past participle facelifted)
- To perform a facelift upon.