- in the close presence of or facing each other: face-to-face customer service, standing face-to-face
- in direct confrontation: come face-to-face with the issues, fight the enemy face-to-face
an occasion of two people meeting or confronting each other in person
Being in the presence of another; facing: a face-to-face discussion.
adverbalso face to face
In person; directly: would rather talk face-to-face than negotiate over the telephone.
- A meeting, especially a meeting between two people conducted in person as opposed to a meeting conducted at a distance through technology.
- In one another's presence.
- While physically present.
- (idiomatic) in person; directly; in the physical presence of somebody.
- He sounds intimidating over the phone, but if you meet him face to face you will find he is a friendly enough fellow.