The face value of this bill is twenty dollars.
- Face value is defined as the value printed on money or on a bill or bond or on a ticket, or the amount of the death benefits of an insurance policy, or the assumed value based on appearances.
- An example of face value is the price someone asks for when selling a concert ticket at the price originally paid for it.
- An example of face value is assuming a business is profitable because they have expensive-looking offices.
- the value printed or stamped on a bill, bond, coin, etc.
- the amount of the death benefits of a life insurance policy
- the seeming value: to take a promise at face value
- The value printed or written on the face, as of a coin or postage stamp.
- See par value.
- Apparent significance or value: took their compliments at face value.
(plural face values)
- Alternative spelling of face value.
face value - Investment & Finance Definition
- The value of a bond or another type of debt instrument at maturity. Also called par value.
- The amount of the principal on a futures, option, swap, or forward contract.