- The definition of fabricate is to create or manufacture something.
The students in shop class assembling a birdhouse is an example of fabricate.
- Fabricate is defined as to invent something that isn’t real.
The student creating a lie about lost homework is an example of fabricate.
A student fabricates a box in woodworking class.
fabricate definition by Webster's New World
- to make, build, construct, etc., esp. by assembling parts; manufacture
- to make up (a story, reason, lie, etc.); invent
Origin: Middle English fabricaten ; from Classical Latin fabricatus, past participle of fabricari, to construct, build ; from fabrica: see fabric
- fabricator noun
fabricate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb fab·ri·cat·ed, fab·ri·cat·ing, fab·ri·cates
- To make; create.
- To construct by combining or assembling diverse, typically standardized parts: fabricate small boats.
- To concoct in order to deceive: fabricated an excuse.
Origin: Middle English fabricaten, from Latin fabricārī, fabricāt-, to make, from fabrica, craft; see fabric.
- fabˌri·caˈtion noun
- fabˈri·caˌtor noun