The definition of concoct is to plan or make something using many parts.verb
- An example of concoct is planning a dinner mystery party.
- An example of concoct is making soup using whatever is in the refrigerator.
- to make by combining various ingredients; compound
- to devise, invent, or plan
Origin: < L concoctus, pp. of concoquere, to boil together, prepare < com-, together + coquere, cook
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb con·coct·ed, con·coct·ing, con·cocts
- To prepare by mixing ingredients, as in cooking.
- To devise, using skill and intelligence; contrive: concoct a mystery story.
Origin: Latin concoquere, concoct-, to boil together : com-, com- + coquere, to cook; see pekw- in Indo-European roots.
- con·coctˈer, con·cocˈtor noun
- con·cocˈtion noun
- con·cocˈtive adjective