- The definition of formulate is to create a strategy or come up with a plan or idea, or to express an idea in a clear, concise way.
- When you come up with a plan to solve a problem in your local schools, this is an example of a time when you formulate a plan.
- When a chemical reaction is simple enough to be written out in a basic chemical equation, this is an example of a time when you formulate the reaction.
formulate definition by Webster's New World
formulate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb for·mu·lat·ed, for·mu·lat·ing, for·mu·lates
- a. To state as or reduce to a formula.b. To express in systematic terms or concepts.c. To devise or invent: formulate strategy.
- To prepare according to a specified formula.
- forˌmu·laˈtion noun
- forˈmu·laˌtor noun