This baby was born recently.
- The definition of born is having been given life.
An example of born is what happens to a baby after his mother is in labor.
- Born, when hypenated after a country, means the origin of a person or thing.
An example of –born is a German-born American citizen.
- Born is defined as having a skill since you were a small baby.
An example of born is someone having a great athletic skill, seemingly without effort.
- brought into life or being
- by birth: used in hyphenated compounds: French-born
- having certain qualities or abilities innately, as if from birth; natural: a born athlete
- being as specified from birth: nobly born
in all one's born days
- a. Brought into life by birth.b. Brought into existence; created: A new nation was born with the revolution.
- a. Having from birth a particular quality or talent: a born artist.b. Destined, or seemingly destined, from birth: a person born to lead.
- Resulting or arising: wisdom born of experience.
- Native to a particular country, region, or place. Often used in combination: Irish-born; Southern born and bred; Boston-born.
- Well suited to (some behaviour or occupation), as though from birth.
From the verb to bear.
(third-person singular simple present borns, present participle bornin, simple past and past participle bornt)
Dialectal variant of burn.