- pl. -·mese′ a person born or living in Assam
- the Indo-Aryan language spoken in Assam
of Assam or its people, language, or culture
Of or relating to Assam or its people, language, or culture.
- a. A native or inhabitant of Assam.b. A person of Assamese ancestry.
- The Indic language of the Assamese.
(comparative more Assamese, superlative most Assamese)
- Of, from or relating to the northeast-Indian state of Assam, or the region for which it is named
- In or relating to its majority people's Indo-Iranian language
- Only 3 in 5 Assamese (citizens of Assam) are linguistic Assamese
From Assam + -ese