- The definition of assumed is to have formulated or verbalized an idea for which there is no evidence.
An example of something that might be assumed is that an adult dog is housetrained.
- Assumed is defined as to have taken on responsibility.
An example of something you may have assumed is a new chore at home if a family member is sick.
- Assumed means to have fulfilled the obligations of someone else's position by taking over his job.
An example of a position that might be assumed by someone else is the position of secretary if that person stepped down.
- pretended; put on; fictitious
- taken for granted
- Taken up or used so as to deceive; pretended: an assumed name.
- Taken for granted; supposed: an assumed increase in population.
- simple past tense and past participle of assume
(comparative more assumed, superlative most assumed)