- Now Rare fictitious; imagined
- pretended; simulated; sham
The definition of feigned is pretended or simulated.
If you pretended to be fascinated with your sister's 100 slides from her vacation but really you didn't care at all, this is an example of a time when you had feigned interest.
- Not real; pretended: a feigned modesty.
- Made-up; fictitious.
- simple past tense and past participle of feign
- She punched him in the arm, and he feigned a look of pain.
- She looked over at Dean and feigned a smile.
- She squeezed his hand and smiled at him with feigned confidence.
- "I said," she repeated with feigned confidence.
- Surely he couldn't have feigned the surprise on his face.