- simple past tense and past participle of incur
- An example of incurred is what happened to your debt when you used your credit cards too much.
- An example of incurred is when you got yelled at for not doing your chores.
Incurred is defined as that you got something, or caused something to happen to yourself.
- 4 She incurred the remonstrances of the privy council and alienated her own friends and relations.
- Wynn's soul was an official debt she incurred, and Death would do its duty and repay.
- The state incurred in this connection a liability of some 1/22o,ooo,000, of which about 1/2I6,00o,000 represented the rolling stock.
- The attainment of independence freed the island from this debt, and from enormous contemplated additions to cover the expense incurred by Spain during the last insurrection.
- The debt was incurred before I took over.