- Incurred is defined as that you got something, or caused something to happen to yourself.
- An example of incurred is what happened to your debt when you used your credit cards too much.
- An example of incurred is when you got yelled at for not doing your chores.
Variant of incur
transitive verbincurred, incurring
- to come into or acquire (something undesirable): to incur a debt
- to become subject to through one's own action; bring upon oneself: to incur someone's wrath
Origin of incurMiddle English incurren ; from Classical Latin incurrere, to run into or toward, attack ; from in-, in, toward + currere, to run: see current