The definition of an incursion is an invasion, or the act of entering into an activity or place.noun
- An example of an incursion is a military brigade entering enemy territory.
- An example of an incursion is taking an art class to get a little experience into painting.
- a running in or coming in, esp. when undesired; inroad
- a sudden, brief invasion or raid
Origin: ME < L incursio < incurrere: see incur
- incursive adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- An aggressive entrance into foreign territory; a raid or invasion.
- The act of entering another's territory or domain.
- The act of entering or running into: homes damaged by the incursion of floodwater.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin incursiō, incursiōn-, from incursus, past participle of incurrere, to run upon; see incur.