- The definition of an incursion is an invasion, or the act of entering into an activity or place.
- An example of an incursion is a military brigade entering enemy territory.
- An example of an incursion is taking an art class to get a little experience into painting.
- a running in or coming in, esp. when undesired; inroad
- a sudden, brief invasion or raid
Origin of incursionMiddle English ; from Classical Latin incursio ; from incurrere: see incur
- An aggressive entrance into foreign territory; a raid or invasion.
- The act of entering another's territory or domain.
- The act of entering or running into: homes damaged by the incursion of floodwater.
Origin of incursionMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin incursiō, incursiōn-, from incursus, past participle of incurrere, to run upon; see incur.