- An example of an incursion is a military brigade entering enemy territory.
- An example of an incursion is taking an art class to get a little experience into painting.
The definition of an incursion is an invasion, or the act of entering into an activity or place.
- a running in or coming in, esp. when undesired; inroad
- a sudden, brief invasion or raid
Origin of incursionMiddle English from Classical Latin incursio from incurrere: see incur
- An aggressive entrance into foreign territory; a raid or invasion.
- The act of entering another's territory or domain.
- The act of entering or running into: homes damaged by the incursion of floodwater.
Origin of incursionMiddle English from Old French from Latin incursiō incursiōn- from incursus past participle of incurrere to run upon ; see incur .
OriginSee also: incursión
From Middle English, from Old French, from Latin incursio.