- Penetration is the act of a penis being put into a vagina or anus.
An example of penetration is sex.
- Penetration is defined as the depth which something has gotten through, such as military intervention or depth of knowledge or marketing.
- An example of penetration is the distance that a military force enters into enemy territory.
- An example of penetration is the amount that a student actually learned during the math lesson.
- An example of penetration is the awareness of a product in a new market.
penetration definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act, power, or an instance of penetrating
- the act or an instance of inserting the penis into the vagina or anus
- the depth to which something penetrates, as a military force into enemy territory
- the extension of the influence of a country over a weaker one by means of commercial investments, loans, diplomatic maneuvers, etc.
- keenness of mind; discernment; insight
Origin: Late Latin penetratio
penetration definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or process of piercing or penetrating something, especially:a. The act of entering a country or organization so as to establish influence or gain information.b. An attack that penetrates enemy territory or a military front.c. Insertion of the penis into the vagina or anus.
- The power or ability to penetrate.
- The depth reached by a projectile after hitting its target.
- a. The degree to which a commodity, for example, is sold or recognized in a particular market.b. The extent of influence that one culture or nation has on another.
- The capacity or action of understanding; insight.
penetration - Computer Definition
penetration - Investment & Finance Definition
In charting, breaking through a trendline, resistance level, or support level. The direction of the penetration provides an indication of future price movement.