perforation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a perforating or being perforated
- a hole made by piercing, ulceration, etc.
- any of a series of holes punched or drilled, as between postage stamps on a sheet
perforation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A hole or series of holes punched or bored through something, especially a hole in a series, separating sections in a sheet or roll.
- a. The act of perforating.b. The state of being perforated.
perforation - Medical Definition
- The act of perforating or the state of being perforated.
- An abnormal opening in a hollow organ or viscus, as one made by rupture or injury.