- The definition of insight is being able to see or understand something clearly, often sensed using intuition.
- An example of insight is what you can have about someone’s life after reading a biography.
- An example of insight is understanding how a computer works.
- the ability to see and understand clearly the inner nature of things, esp. by intuition
- a clear understanding of the inner nature of some specific thing
- Psychol. awareness of one's own mental attitudes and behavior
- Psychiatry recognition of one's own mental disorder
Origin: Middle English insiht: see in- and amp; sight
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration.
- The act or outcome of grasping the inward or hidden nature of things or of perceiving in an intuitive manner.
insight - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
insight - Medical Definition
- insightful adjective