- The definition of clairvoyant is having heightened senses or being extremely perceptive.
A person who feels spirits is an example of clairvoyant.
- A clairvoyant is defined as a person who is able to detect things that aren't normally recognized by the senses.
A psychic is an example of a clairvoyant.
- of clairvoyance
- apparently having clairvoyance
- having great insight; keenly perceptive
Origin of clairvoyantFr, literally , seeing clearly ; from clair, clear + voyant, seeing, present participle of voir ; from Classical Latin videre, to see: see wise
a clairvoyant person
- Of or relating to clairvoyance.
- Having the supposed power to see objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses.
A person, such as a medium, possessing the supposed power of clairvoyance.
Origin of clairvoyantFrench : clair, clear (from Latin clārus; see kel&schwa;-2 in Indo-European roots) + voyant, present participle of voir, to see (from Latin vidēre; see weid- in Indo-European roots).
(comparative more clairvoyant, superlative most clairvoyant)