The definition of clairvoyance is the ability to detect or sense things that are not normally able to be sensed.
An example of clairvoyance is when you accurately predict the lottery numbers and their order of selection two weeks before they are selected.
- the occult ability to perceive things that are not in sight or that cannot be seen, or that are in the future
- keen perception or insight
Origin of clairvoyanceFrench from clairvoyant
- The supposed power to see objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses.
- Acute intuitive insight or perceptiveness.
(usually uncountable, plural clairvoyances)
- (parapsychology) The power to see the future.
From French clairvoyance.