Origin of ESPe(xtra)s(ensory) p(erception).
- (parapsychology) extrasensory perception
- (automotive) Electronic Stability Program
- (financial services) Equity Shelf Program
esp - Computer Definition
(1) (Enhanced Service Provider) An organization that adds value to basic telephone service by offering such features as call-forwarding, call-detailing and protocol conversion.
(2) (E-tech Speedy Protocol) A proprietary protocol of E-Tech Research used in its modems.
(3) (Electronic Still Photography) Digitizing and transmitting images over a telephone line. See slow scan TV.
(4) (Emulex SCSI Processor) A proprietary chip used in Emulex's SCSI disk controller.