- An example of especially is when someone is a really a great cardplayer.
- An example of especially is when a particular car like a Ferrari is nicer than all other cars.
Especially is defined as particularly or to a greater degree.
To an extent or degree deserving of special emphasis; particularly.
(comparative more especially, superlative most especially)
especial + -ly
- I enjoy traveling, especially to very different places.
- He had some catching up to do, especially with Quinn.
- A person could change a lot in a few years, especially when they were that young.
- Parents kept their children at home, especially in the summer, and certainly away from public swimming areas.
- The strain of our activities was wearing on everyone, especially Howie.