generally[jen′ər əl ē, jen′rə lē, jen′ər lē]
- Generally is defined as usually or for the most part.
An example of generally used as an adverb is in the sentence, "He generally gets to work around 9:30 a.m.," which means that he usually gets to work around 9:30.
- to or by most people; widely; popularly; extensively: a generally accepted usage
- in most instances; usually; as a rule
- in a general way or sense; without reference to details or individual cases; not specifically
- Popularly; widely: generally known.
- a. As a rule; usually: The child generally has little to say.b. For the most part: a generally boring speech.
- Without reference to particular instances or details; not specifically: generally speaking.
(comparative more generally, superlative most generally)