- Expressly is defined as in a very clear way.
An example of expressly is a woman telling a man that she's absolutely, under no circumstances interested in him.
expressly definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- in a plain and definite way; explicitly
- for the specific purpose; particularly
expressly definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- In an express or a definite manner; explicitly: I expressly ordered the visitor to leave.
- Especially; particularly: tools designed expressly for left-handed workers.