Informal trusted to perform dependably or skillfully, esp. in a critical situation: a quarterback's go-to receiver
- Being a player on an athletic team who is relied upon to make important plays, especially in clutch situations: the team's go-to receiver.
- Being the person or thing most trusted to accomplish a purpose: “the go-to source for on-line hotel reviews” ( Susan Stellin )
- (computing) Any construct which produces an unstructured jump in the flow of execution.
- The setjmp/longjmp facility in C is essentially a GOTO.
From English go to; a keyword in many programming languages including BASIC and C.
- Reliable; likely to perform in difficult circumstances.