- Definitely is defined as absolutely or with certainty.
An example of definitely is someone promising they will be somewhere.
Variant of definite
- having exact limits
- precise and clear in meaning; explicit
- certain; positive: it's definite that he'll go
- Bot. having a constant number of stamens, etc., less than 20 but always a multiple of the number of petals
- Gram. limiting or specifying; referring to a specific or previously identified person, thing, etc.: “the” is the definite article
Origin: Classical Latin definitus, past participle of definire: see define