- in a precise, distinct, or determined manner
- beyond a doubt; certainly: now the prevailing meaning
Definitely is defined as absolutely or with certainty.
An example of definitely is someone promising they will be somewhere.
(comparative more definitely, superlative most definitely)
definite + -ly
- Our trip was definitely a success.
- The heat was definitely turned up.
- I think you still need someone here, but you're definitely getting better.
- She definitely didn't expect the decision to be so hard.
- Felipa definitely needed his help with chartering the helicopter, but he could have done that from Houston.