Indefinitely is defined as something that is done, or that will go on, for an undetermined period of time.
When you are traveling through Europe for some indefinite time with no expected return date, this is an example of a situation where you are traveling indefinitely.
in an indefinite manner; specif., without a foreseeable end or limit
- The induction, however, continues to increase indefinitely, though very slowly.
- In the case of imperfect gases, all the available experimental evidence shows that the specific volume tends towards its ideal value, V =Re/p, in the limit, when the pressure is indefinitely reduced and the molecules are widely separated so as to eliminate the effects of their mutual actions.
- Science would solve everything, prosperity would grow indefinitely, and people would thrive.
- Since the poorest nations will improve their financial conditions indefinitely, this is a long-term trend toward peace.
- Autocrats can hold power indefinitely if they control the media, the military, business, the money, and information.