- Unclear; vague.
- Lacking precise limits.An indefinite leave of absence.
- Uncertain; undecided.Indefinite about their plans.
- Having no exact limits or having no limits at all.
- Not precise or clear in meaning; vague.
- Not sharp or clear in outline; blurred; indistinct.
- Not sure or positive; uncertain.
- Of no fixed number, or too many to count.
- Not limiting or specifying; not referring to a specific or previously identified person, thing, etc.“a” and “an” are indefinite articles; “any” is an indefinite pronoun.
An example of indefinite is when you do not know how long a meeting will last.
An example of indefinite is when you are not certain if you are going to attend a given event or not.