- not decisive; not conclusive or final
- characterized by indecision; hesitating or vacillating
The definition of indecisive is someone who can't make up his mind or make decisions, or something that doesn't decide an issue.
An example of indecisive is a person who cannot ever decide what to wear or what color to paint a room.
- Prone to or characterized by indecision; irresolute: an indecisive manager.
- Inconclusive: an indecisive contest; an indecisive battle.
- Not clearly defined; indefinite: indecisive boundaries running through mountainous terrain.
(comparative more indecisive, superlative most indecisive)
- Didn't you say he was an indecisive sissy?
- In 1342 he went to Brittany and fought an indecisive campaign against the French.
- This indecisive attitude did not last long, and the split in the party rapidly widened.
- This time it was indecisive, and Bournonville's superior forces, soon augmented by the arrival of the elector, spread into Alsace.
- The engagement was indecisive in its results, but the Union commander's purpose, to hold Hood momentarily in check, was gained, and Hood's effort to crush Schofield was unavailing.