seer[sē′ər; also, and for 2 usually, sir]
- Seer is defined as a person who is able to see, or a person who is able to see into the future.
- An example of a seer is someone who still has their eye sight.
- An example of a seer is a psychic.
- The definition of a seer is a unit of weight used in India equal to 2.06 pounds.
An example of a seer is a mango that weighs 2.06 pounds.
- a person who sees
- a person with the supposed power to foretell events or a person's destiny; prophet
a varying unit of weight used in certain countries of Asia, esp. a unit of weight of India equal to maund or 2.06 lb (.933 kg)
Origin of seerHindi sēr
- One that sees: an inverterate seer of sights.
- A clairvoyant.
- A prophet.
- Alternative form of sihr.
- Seasonal energy efficiency ratio