The definition of perceptive is someone who is intuitive, who understands people or situations and who shows sensitivity.
An example of someone who would be described as perceptive is someone who can read other people's moods.
- of or capable of perception
- able to perceive quickly and easily; having keen insight or intuition; penetrating
Origin of perceptiveMedieval Latin perceptivus
- Of or relating to perception: perceptive faculties.
- a. Having the ability to perceive; keen in discernment.b. Marked by discernment and understanding; sensitive.
- per′cep·tiv′i·ty per·cep′tive·ness
(comparative more perceptive, superlative most perceptive)
- having or showing keenness of perception, insight, understanding, or intuition
- He is so perceptive when it comes to other people's feelings.