An example of someone who would be described as perceptive is someone who can read other people's moods.
- of or capable of perception
- able to perceive quickly and easily; having keen insight or intuition; penetrating
Origin of perceptiveMedieval Latin perceptivus
- Of or relating to perception: perceptive faculties.
- a. Having the ability to perceive; keen in discernment.b. Marked by discernment and understanding; sensitive.
- per′cep·tiv′i·ty , per·cep′tive·ness
(comparative more perceptive, superlative most perceptive)
- having or showing keenness of perception, insight, understanding, or intuition
- He is so perceptive when it comes to other people's feelings.