- The definition of perceptive is someone who is intuitive, who understands people or situations and who shows sensitivity.
An example of someone who would be described as perceptive is someone who can read other people's moods.
perceptive definition by Webster's New World
- of or capable of perception
- able to perceive quickly and easily; having keen insight or intuition; penetrating
Origin: Midieval Latin perceptivus
perceptive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to perception: perceptive faculties.
- a. Having the ability to perceive; keen in discernment.b. Marked by discernment and understanding; sensitive.
- per·cepˈtive·ly adverb
- perˌcep·tivˈi·ty , per·cepˈtive·ness noun
perceptive - Medical Definition
- Of or relating to perception.
- Having the ability to perceive.
- Keenly discerning.
- perceptivity noun