- The definition of perspicacious is being perceptive with clear vision and good judgment.
An example of something perspicacious is a CEO who guessed that the company needed a new direction.
- having keen judgment or understanding; acutely perceptive
- Archaic having keen vision
Origin: from Classical Latin perspicax (gen. perspicacis) from perspicere, to see through: see perspective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Origin: From Latin perspicāx, perspicāc-, from perspicere, to look through; see perspective.
- perˌspi·caˈcious·ly adverb
- perˌspi·caˈcious·ness noun