- The definition of incisive is someone or something accurate, clear thinking or well focused.
An owner of a successful new restaurant who is smart, thinks clearly and sees things clearly is an example of someone who would be described as incisive.
- cutting into
- sharp; keen; penetrating; acute: an incisive mind
- of the incisors
Origin of incisiveMedieval Latin incisivus ; from Classical Latin incisus: see incise
(comparative more incisive, superlative most incisive)
- Quickly proceeding to judgment and forceful in expression; decisive; forthright.
- An incisive producer, who expressed vehement disapproval with my pitch upon my first sentence.
- Intelligently analytical and concise.
- Having the quality of incising, cutting, or penetrating, as with a sharp instrument; sharp; acute; sarcastic; biting.
- (anatomy) Of or relating to the incisors.
- the incisive bones, the premaxillaries
From Middle French incisif