- An example of decisive is a person who always makes up her mind firmly and quickly.
- An example of decisive is the information gained from a student's success in the classes which they take to determine their interest in their major field of study.
- that settles or can settle a dispute, question, etc.; conclusive: decisive evidence
- determining or closely affecting what comes next; critically important; crucial: a decisive moment in his career
- having the quality of decision; showing determination or firmness: a decisive tone of voice
Origin of decisiveMedieval Latin decisivus ; from Classical Latin decisus: see decision
- Settling a matter or conflict; conclusive: the decisive battle in the war; the decisive piece of evidence in the lawsuit.
- Characterized by or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and firmly; resolute: a decisive leader.
(comparative more decisive, superlative most decisive)
From Middle French décisif