- An example of decisive is a person who always makes up her mind firmly and quickly.
- An example of decisive is the information gained from a student's success in the classes which they take to determine their interest in their major field of study.
The definition of decisive is having the ability to make decisions or something that determines what comes next.
- that settles or can settle a dispute, question, etc.; conclusive: decisive evidence
- determining or closely affecting what comes next; critically important; crucial: a decisive moment in his career
- having the quality of decision; showing determination or firmness: a decisive tone of voice
Origin of decisiveMedieval Latin decisivus ; from Classical Latin decisus: see decision
- Settling a matter or conflict; conclusive: the decisive battle in the war; the decisive piece of evidence in the lawsuit.
- Characterized by or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and firmly; resolute: a decisive leader.
(comparative more decisive, superlative most decisive)
OriginSee also: décisive
From Middle French décisif