The definition of an incision is a cut, or the act of cutting.
An example of an incision is the cut made in the abdomen during a c-section birth.
- the act or result of incising; cut; gash
- a deep notch, as in the edge of a leaf
- Surgery a cut made into tissue or an organ
Origin of incisionOld French from Classical Latin incisio
- The act of incising.
- Medicine a. A cut into a body tissue or organ, especially one made during surgery.b. The scar resulting from such a cut.
- A notch, as in the edge of a leaf.
- The condition or quality of being incisive; incisiveness.
From Old French incision, from Late Latin incisio.