- The definition of forthright is a person, action or statement that is direct and straightforward.
When you are not shy about stating your opinion and you say what you mean, this is an example of a forthright person.
- Forthright is defined as proceeding directly forward.
An army marching straight ahead is an example of the forthright movement of the army.
forthright definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic going straight forward
- straightforward; direct; frank
Origin: Middle English ; from Old English forth riht: see forth and amp; right
- straight forward; directly onward
- Archaic immediately; at once
forthright definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Direct and without evasion; straightforward: a forthright appraisal; forthright criticism.
- Archaic Proceeding straight ahead.
- a. Directly ahead.b. Directly and frankly.
- Archaic At once.
- forthˈrightˌly adverb
- forthˈrightˌness noun