The definition of forthright is a person, action or statement that is direct and straightforward.adjective
When you are not shy about stating your opinion and you say what you mean, this is an example of a forthright person.
Forthright is defined as proceeding directly forward.adverb
An army marching straight ahead is an example of the forthright movement of the army.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- Archaic going straight forward
- straightforward; direct; frank
Origin: ME < OE forth riht: see forth & right
- straight forward; directly onward
- Archaic immediately; at once
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Direct and without evasion; straightforward: a forthright appraisal; forthright criticism.
- Archaic Proceeding straight ahead.
- a. Directly ahead.b. Directly and frankly.
- Archaic At once.
- forthˈrightˌly adverb
- forthˈrightˌness noun