Perceived is defined as viewed or understood something in a certain way or became conscious of something.
If you detected anger in a conversation with someone, this is an example of a situation where you perceived anger.
- Generally recognized to be true.
- The perceived wisdom is that people do not go in large numbers to black-and-white movies anymore
- As seen or understood by an individual.
- In product design, where one deals with real, physical objects, there can be both real and perceived affordances, and the two need not be the same.
- simple past tense and past participle of perceive
- The alert officer perceived a dim shape in the distance.