- The definition of intuitive is something done with from instinct, or something that is easy-to-use.
- When a piece of computer software just makes sense and is easy to use, this is an example of software that would be described asintuitive.
- When a mother just senses that something is wrong with her child, this is an example of anintuitive feeling.
- having to do with intuition
- having, or perceiving by, intuition
- that is or can be perceived by intuition: an intuitive truth
Origin of intuitiveMedieval Latin intuitivus ; from Classical Latin intuitus
- Of, relating to, or arising from intuition: “The greatest scientific thinkers are those who rely on sudden intuitive flashes to solve problems” (Andrew Weil). See Synonyms at instinctive.
- Possessing or demonstrating intuition: an intuitive thinker.
- Easily understood and simple to use: a web browser with an intuitive interface.
(comparative more intuitive, superlative most intuitive)
- One who has (especially parapsychological) intuition.