- The definition of instinctive is something ingrained or something you just know, rather than something you have to be taught.
A mother's love for her baby is an example of something that would be described as instinctive.
- of, or having the nature of, instinct
- prompted or done by instinct
- instinctively adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or prompted by instinct.
- Arising from impulse; spontaneous and unthinking: an instinctive mistrust of bureaucrats.
- in·stincˈtive·ly adverb