- When two cousins get married and have a child, this is an example of a time when the child isinbred.
- When a child is born with a natural intelligence, this is an example ofinbred intelligence.
The definition of inbred is someone who is born from people who are closely related, or is something that exists in a person or animal from birth.
- innate or deeply instilled
- bred from closely related parents
- resulting from physical inbreeding: inbred traits
- resulting from narrow or limited associations: a small town with inbred political ideas
Origin of inbredpast participle of inbreed
- Produced by inbreeding.
- Consisting of or involving a homogenous or unvaried group of people: “[The college's] faculty became markedly less inbred, with the proportion of alumni dropping from 68 to 41 percent” ( Jerome Karabel )
- Fixed in the character or disposition as if inherited; deep-seated: an inbred distrust of radicalism.
(comparative more inbred, superlative most inbred)
- simple past tense and past participle of inbreed
- (vulgar) An inbred individual
- Since you all marry your cousins I bet you're a bunch of inbreds.