- Aggression is defined as an unprovoked attack or harmful action against another.
An example of an aggression is a dog barking and chasing after another dog in an effort to attack.
- The definition of aggression refers to the practice of being offensive or prone to attacking others.
An example of someone who is prone to bouts of aggression would be someone who is routinely starting fights.
- an unprovoked attack or warlike act; specif., the use of armed force by a state in violation of its international obligations
- the practice or habit of being aggressive or quarrelsome
- Psychiatry forceful, attacking behavior, either constructively self-assertive and self-protective or destructively hostile to others or to oneself
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin aggressio: see aggress
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of initiating hostilities or invasion.
- The practice or habit of launching attacks.
- Hostile or destructive behavior or actions.
aggression - Medical Definition
aggression - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.